Monday, October 4, 2010

I Have Decided....

As I begin to address the ever-growing laundry pile in my laundry room, I am going to thank God that my family has clothes to wear on chilly mornings like today.

When I move to the kitchen to load and unload the dishwasher (again), wipe down the counters (again), and clean off the table and sweep (AGAIN), I'm going to thank God that our refrigerator is full and for the delicious supper that we had last night.

When I start to pick up the kids' toys and games and books that are strewn about the house, I'm going to thank God that my husband has a job and can buy us not only the things we need, but also the things we want.

When I change the sheets on the beds today, I'm going to think about the people who don't have a home to come home to or a soft bed to sleep on at night. I will pray for them and thank God for mine.

As I begin to grumble about the hardships of caring for a child with special needs, I'm going to thank God for the progress that science has made through medicine, surgery, and equipment, making any semblance of a normal life for us possible.

Thank you, God. You have blessed me with more than I deserve. Help me to continue to see you and your blessings in the details of my daily life. Amen....

No comments:

Post a Comment