As I was picking Anna up from school this afternoon, I heard this song on the radio. The sun was shining in the clear blue sky. The weather was perfect for Autumn. I passed the Fire Department where the American flag was whipping in the breeze. It made me thankful that I live in the southeast United States. I haven't always wanted to live here, but I'm loving my little "small town." Enjoy today's version of "Music Therapy Thursday," wherever you are!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
I got such a huge response when I posted a little "music therapy" a while back on Facebook, that I thought I'd continue the party over here on my blog. I'm the type of person that RELATES to music. I mean I REALLY RELATE. :) Every momentous occasion in my life has a soundtrack. Almost every memory has a song attached to it. Weird, I know.
So it's probably no surprise that while I choose to celebrate with a song, I also cope with loss and sadness by tuning on the tunes. Sometimes, mere words fall short of the emotions that we're feeling. But combine those words with a melody, and magic happens. While listening to a little "music therapy" I've laughed, I've cried, and I've boogied so hard I got a side cramp. :D But in the end, "music therapy" left me feeling lighter, better... dare I say happier. And for a lot less than a visit to your neighborhood shrink.
And so "Music Therapy Thursdays" has been born. I hope you enjoy today's version. I thought it was a fitting choice to kick off our little party... And if nothing else, Dobie's shirt will surely make you smile!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
10. What's that?? Nuthin' but silence, baby. The kids have been in school for about three weeks. Nice...
9. You have went through your closet (and the kids' AND your husband's) to strategically remove all tank tops and anything abnoxiously tropical. (Side note: my husband does not wear tank tops or tropical prints. Your welcome, Chuck. )
8. The AC in your car has been moved from the MAX setting to the regular AC setting.
7. The pool and been drained. ((sniff))
8. You realize after a few minutes outside in the evenings that you don't need your arsenal of insect repellents, the vat of "Skin-So-Soft" you stocked up on, or the bee suit you bougt off E-Bay. So long suckas!! (Pun DEFINITELY intended!)
7. Somebody said SOMETHING about a football game on Saturday... :D
6. Mums are showing up everywhere from front porches to Homecoming corsages. Ahh, memories...
5. Neighbors are getting re-aquainted as heat advisories for the elderly and the very young have been lifted.
4. Your children come into the living room dressed for bed in last years flannel p.j.'s. True story.
3. You wonder how long you can make your pedicure last before it's "closed toe shoe season." I mean, why spend the money when they're just going to be covered up so no one can see them, right??!!
2. You start thinking that chili for supper is not such a bad idea...
1. Wal-Mart has started putting out their Christmas decorations. Fo real.