Thursday, July 14, 2011

Music Therapy Thursday... Singing Anyway



I've been in a funk lately... and not the "George Clinton and the Funkadelic" kind. ;) Most times, a somber mood is a catalyst for some righteous ramblings, but for whatever reason, I've become stricken with writers block. It's probably a good thing, actually. A couple of things I'm dealing with right now might be better resolved through reflection, contemplation, and prayer rather than the angry rantings of a lunatic! LOL! Although I realize the rantings are a lot more fun to read...

So, taking the high road (my little legs are so tired!), I've decided to choose a song today that I actually sing as a prayer. Inevitably, it moves me to tears every time I do. Cuz here's the deal: (Number 1) I'm a mess. I fail miserably as a wife, mother, friend, Christian, etc., etc., (we ALL do) because we are imperfect human beings. (And number 2) Life is HARD, folks. And quite unfair. Don't even try to trick yourself for one solitary second that it's not. Having a positive attitude is only going to take you so far. You can still do all the right things and have the rug swept right out from under you without warning. Why? I don't even have a clue.

But one thing I do know is having a relationship with God makes a difference while living in this broken, temporal, human existence. I stumble, but I don't fall. By God's grace and mercy I have a supernatural strength to endure the storms that come. I am certain that if it weren't for the plan that he has for my life, and my choice to accept it, that the circumstances of my 39 years on this planet would have consumed me physically, mentally, and emotionally and brought me to my ruin. Instead I have hope:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, nor angels or demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:28, 37

So as you listen to a little music therapy today by Heather Williams, ask God to come to where you are. He's just waiting for the invitation. "On my knees here I fall, in spite of it all... Hallelujah! And though it seems hard, I'm still trusting you, Lord... Hallelujah!" Hallelujah, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment