Friday, June 24, 2011

The Front Door Gets A Patriotic Salute

Decorating for the holidays is something that I enjoy doing, but unfortunately, it can get costly. Lucky for me, I have an eye for bargains. While perusing the isles of a local decorating store, I spy these red, white and blue flowers that were marked down after Memorial Day for a cool two bucks.



That definitely fits Momma's budget! If you look closely, you'll notice that they were meant as cemetery flowers, but I saw a cute arrangement for my front door instead. Sometimes you just have to think outside the box, ya know? I also picked up two little picks of red white and blue "berry"-like thingies for a little extra jazz. Those little guys only set me back about a buck a piece. My bank account is loving me right now! LOL!




Combined with a little container I purchased last fall, some fake ivy and three little flags I already had on hand... now we have a lovely little door hanging that is pretty and patriotic! Stay tuned for more from the front porch as I reveal the before and after pics from our re-do and more Fourth of July decorations...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I have thought many times about getting a container like that and chaning it with the seasons!

    ReplyDelete