Thursday, May 7, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Teachers Who Care

Hello all! Yes, it's been a while since I've created a new post. My kids CANNOT get well. It's Anna this time and she has been sick and running a fever since Sunday night. The pediatrician says it's not the flu, it's not strep throat, and it's not an ear infection. We'll be heading back tomorrow and I'm going to insist that they test her again. Sometimes Mom has to do what Mom has to do. Know what I mean?

Today's post is more about WHO I love than WHAT I love and I hope you can relate. Anna has always been blessed with extraordinary teachers (Special Ed and otherwise) as well as aides and nurses at school ...and this year is no exception. I just got off the phone with her teacher, Candi McCullars who religiously calls and checks in on us when we're not there. Before we hung up she told me that she wasn't sure how "professional" her comment would be, but she wanted me to know that she would be praying for us. Praise God, I couldn't be happier! As I explained to her, it's sad that we live in a society where you have to preface a comment like that with a disclaimer. She agreed wholeheartedly.

I'm just so glad that in the little things and in the big things, God is showing us that he's taking care of us. Thank God there are still teachers out there who pray for their students. Thank God that there are women and men who have a love for special children and devote their lives to them and their education, their well-being, their safety, and apparently their spiritual condition as well. I swear if she didn't have a family of her own, I'd take her home to live with US!! Thanks Mrs. McCullars and all the Christian educators everywhere. You are worth more than gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment