Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yummy Banana Bread

As I mentioned yesterday, I was down for the count last week with the worst case of food poisoning known to man (or so it seemed!). Momma was a pitiful pile of uselessness and unable to eat anything. All the while, the bananas I had bought to snack on after running was ripening themselves into oblivion. Not one to waste food ;), the first day that I felt better, I decided to make some banana bread (which surprisingly sounded palatable to my weak stomach!).

This is a recipe that I have combined from a few different ones and made into my own. You can make it with or without nuts, depending on your liking. Enjoy!

Banana Bread
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs (beaten)
3 really ripe bananas (mashed)
1 cup pecans *optional*

Melt butter and add to sugar, eggs, and bananas. Mix well. Add flour and pecans, mixing well. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour in a buttered loaf pan (I spray mine with Pam).

No comments:

Post a Comment