Thursday, November 3, 2011

Music Therapy Thursday.... I Wanna Put On My My My My My Boogie Shoes!



I have been singing this song since early Sunday morning and I knew then I had to share it for some music therapy today. There are more "cleaned up" versions on You Tube, funkier versions, more versions in stereo and HD, but this one came from "American Bandstand" (didn't we all look forward to that show on Saturdays?) and this version sounds like it's coming right out of our 1975 television set. I'm a traditionalist, what can I say...

I had an epiphany that if I just put some of my favorite dance songs (like this one) on my mp3 player, and danced around like a maniac (like I do when I hear this song... I can't help myself) maybe I wouldn't have to spend so much time on the treadmill. After all, boogieing AT LEAST 3 nights a week in college was my fitness regime back in the day. ;) Couldn't hurt to give it a re-try, right? Put a Swiffer Sweeper in my hands and I could have a clean house AND a cardio workout. I think I might just be on to something.... I'm going to put on my-my-my-my-my boogie shoes and give it a try! Enjoy a little KC and his Sunshine Band today and Happy Thursday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment