Monday, January 24, 2011

Money Matters Monday... So, How Are We Doin'?

I've been comparing a lot of things lately to "a race." Prolly because I've started this running thing. LOL! I've also realized that, unfortunately, I'm an "all or nothing" kind of girl. I'm either 110% IN, or completely and TOTALLY off the wagon as the saying goes. I'm doing my best to embrace the former, and with any luck, kicking the latter to the curb!

As mentioned in a previous post, we have been able to pay off A LOT of our debt recently. This has freed up a fair amount of cash that I SHOULD be using to pay off more bills. But oh how easy it is to take that extra money and buy shoes! Or a nice desk from which to blog from! Well, a honeymoon period is expected in ALL relationships, I guess. And my new relationship with a little extra cash is no exception.

But today is a new day. And as I am now looking at things from a long distance race perspective (instead of ,say, a 100 yard dash), I'm tying up my running shoes and digging in once again. And isn't that what it's all about, really? Not getting discouraged when we fall. Not just lying there in the dust when others start to pass you by once you are down? Keeping your eye on the finish line?

Whatever we try to do, whether it is losing weight, getting out of debt, or learning something new, we gotta keep at it. For certain, we WILL fall off the wagon. We won't be able to resist those cute pair of boots (even though they were 60% off!) or the pecan pie with chocolate chips and chocolate sauce (and it was delicious!). But a stumble on our way to our intended goal does not disqualify us from the race. I'm getting back up, dusting myself off, and getting back on track. That's where I am. How are YOU doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment