Monday, March 7, 2011

'After' Pics from "Operation Find the Floor"

As promised... here are the "after" photos from the little challenge I have since named "Operation Find the Floor." This is where my mother-in-law and myself cleaned up, cleared out and hauled away 2 garbage bags full of trash and a super huge cardboard box full of junk to take to the thrift store. And now this is what you see now when you walk in the Diva's bedroom.





Here's a closer shot of what's above her bed. We picked up a new quilt and sheet set at Target. Her room needs a good re-painting. Any suggestions??? I was thinking that lime green color even though that was the color it was before the pink. I got the circle-y/ crystal-y thing at Trees and Trends for 60% off. Momma ROCKS the bargains. The chandelier sticker is from Hobby Lobby...50% off! I've been waiting MONTHS to use it somewhere and I think it's cute over the bed. You can't tell in the picture, but it has some adhesive crystals that play off the circle-y thing.





Here's a closer shot. The Barbies above the bed are really MY collection. ;) If she had her way, JR would have them out of the box and half naked by now. True dat.





The curtain is just some fabric that I just threw over a curtain rod a couple years ago. Actually making the girl some curtains has been on my to-do list for quite some time. I'm still not satisfied with all the stuff just lining the walls, but I think you'll agree that it's a vast improvement from what it was. We are in the market for a new little throw rug to bring in more of the colors from the quilt on the bed and I really want to do something with that cork board...




This still looks cluttered to me. We are talking about hanging the tv on the wall to free up more of the desk space. This would get rid of the make-shift, wooden "hutch" that I've repurposed from an over-the-sink shelf. I also spray painted the original hardware to the desk with some Rustoleum spray paint in bronze. Still not crazy about them tho. I got the desk for $25.00, so I can't really complain too much.





And here's the last pic, working your way out the door. The bookshelf was given to me 10 years ago and I used it next to Anna's crib when she was a baby. It's solid wood and fits nicely in that little space. Cat clock from K-Mart. :) I'm weird and have to have a clock in every room.
So there you have it, friends! I have to say that the red-head LOVES her room. We actually have a hard time getting here out of there now! Tee hee. :) And she has been a champ in keeping it picked up and clean. This morning, before school, she even made her bed. Pardon me while I wipe the tears from my eyes...
My next projects involve getting into the two worst closets in my house: the office and the master bedroom. It never ends, does it?!? Spring has gotten me so motivated for, well, Spring Cleaning! Anybody else been bitten by the cleaning bug?






No comments:

Post a Comment